Q. Which party would you trust most to handle the issue of asylum seekers?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|The Labor Party||25%||57%||2%||38%|
|The Liberal Party||37%||8%||80%||8%|
37% of respondents trust the Liberal Party most to handle the asylum seeker issue and 25% trust the Labor Party most.
57% of Labor voters trust the Labor Party most and 80% of Liberal/National voters trust the Liberal Party most. 46% of Greens voters and 55% of other voters think there is no difference between the Labor and Liberal Parties on the issue.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation