Q. Which party would you trust most to handle the issue of asylum seekers?
|12 July 10||4 April 10|
|The Labor Party||24%||23%|
|The Liberal Party||31%||34%|
24% trust the Labor Party most to handle the issue of asylum seekers, 31% trust the Liberal Party most and 45% think there is no difference or don’t know. This represents only a small change since this question was asked three months ago – the gap between Labor and Liberal has closed from 11% to 7% and the proportion that thinks there is no difference is up 5%.
54% of Labor voters trust the Labor Party most and 33% say there is no difference while 75% of Liberal/National voters trust the Liberal Party and only 18% think there is no difference. 47% of Greens voters think there is no difference, 31% trust the Labor Party most and 11% the Liberal Party.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation