Q. Which party would you trust most to manage a fair tax system?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Mar 2018|
Respondents were evenly divided on which party they would trust most to manage a fair tax system. 32% favoured the Labor Party and 32% favoured the Liberal and National parties. 22% thought there was no difference.
Those earning less than $1,500 pw trust Labor more (34% Labor/27% Liberal-National), and those earning more than $1,500 pw trust the Liberals a little more (33% Labor/37% Liberal-National).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation