Q. Which do you think is MOST responsible for Australians being vaccinated more slowly than you would like?
[Asked only to those who think Australians are being vaccinated against Covid-19 a bit / a lot more slowly than they would like]
|Two weeks ago 12/04|
|The federal government||48%||42%|
|State and territory governments||8%||7%|
|International supply chains||18%||24%|
|Unavoidable delays in the production of vaccines||16%||18%|
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|The federal government||48%||54%||41%||43%||54%||46%||59%||32%||64%||47%|
|State and territory governments||8%||9%||7%||12%||10%||6%||5%||12%||6%||7%|
|International supply chains||18%||17%||18%||13%||12%||22%||11%||28%||5%||14%|
|Unavoidable delays in the production of vaccines||16%||14%||17%||23%||11%||15%||14%||21%||13%||12%|
- Almost half of those who say Australians are being vaccinated more slowly than they would like think the federal government is most responsible for this (48% up from 42% two weeks ago).
- 18% place the onus on international supply chains (a drop from 24% two weeks ago), followed by 16% (on par with 18% a fortnight ago) who feel unavoidable delays in the production of vaccines are the main reason for the slow progress of the vaccine rollout in Australia.
- Only 8% think state and territory governments are most responsible and 11% are unsure.
- Those most likely to place responsibility on the federal government for Australians being vaccinated more slowly than they would like include men (54%), Greens (64%) and Labor voters (59%).
- Coalition voters are the most likely to think international supply chains are most responsible for the delays (28%, compared to 10% of all other voters).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation