Do you think the following parties are too right wing/conservative, too left wing/progressive or about right?
|Too right wing/ conservative||Too left wing/ progressive||About right||Don’t know||Labor voters
Too right wing/ conservative
Too left wing/ progressive
|Lib/Nat voters Too right wing/ conservative||Lib/Nat voters Too left wing/ progressive||Lib/Nat voters About right||Lib/Nat voters Don’t know|
|The Labor Party||16%||19%||30%||35%||15%||6%||51%||28%||17%||34%||22%||27%|
|The Liberal Party||26%||9%||31%||34%||41%||9%||16%||34%||11%||9%||58%||22%|
Respondents were evenly divided over whether the Labor Party was too right wing (16%) or left wing (19%) but more likely to think that the Liberal Party was too right wing (26%) and the Greens were too left wing (31%).
However, 51% of Labor voters think the Labor Party is about right and 58% of Liberal/National voters think the Liberal party is about right. Labor voters were a little more likely to think the Labor Party was too right wing (15%) than left wing (6%) whereas Liberal/National voters were more evenly divided (11% too right wing/9% too left wing).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people