Q. Do you think the death of Osama bin Laden will make the world a safer or less safe place or will it make no difference?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/ National||Vote Greens|
|Make the world safer||12%||16%||12%||8%|
|Make the world less safe||19%||17%||20%||28%|
|Make no difference||63%||60%||65%||59%|
The majority (63%) of respondents think that the death of Osama bin Laden will make no difference to making the world safer or less safe. 12% think it will make the world safer and 19% think it will make the world less safe.
28% of Greens voters and 23% of those aged 55+ think it will make the world less safe.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation