Q. Do you think the death of Osama bin Laden will result in less terrorism or more terrorism or will it make no difference?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/ National||Vote Greens|
|Result in more terrorism||37%||32%||40%||40%|
|Result in less terrorism||7%||8%||7%||9%|
|Make no difference||48%||51%||48%||45%|
About half (48%) think that the death of Osama bin Laden will make no difference to terrorism. However, 37% think it will result in more terrorism and only 7% think it will result in less terrorism. Views are broadly similar across demographic groups.
Greens and Liberal/National voters (40%) are a little more likely to think it will result in more terrorism than Labor voters (32%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation