Q. Would you say that your view of Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party has become more or less favourable in recent weeks?
|Total more favourable||26%|
|Total less favourable||34%|
|Much more favourable||7%|
|A little more favourable||19%|
|A little less favourable||13%|
|Much less favourable||21%|
34% of respondents said their view of Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party had become less favourable over recent weeks and 26% said they had become more favourable.
55% of Coalition voters said they had become more favourable and 13% less favourable. Labor voters split 8% more favourable/52% less favourable and Greens voters 15% more favourable/61% less favourable.
31% of men had become more favourable compared to 22% of women.
Those on higher incomes had the most favourable view – respondents with incomes over $1,600 pw were 34% more favourable/32% less favourable.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day