Q. Since the election was called has your opinion of Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party gone up or down?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||2 weeks ago|
|Total gone up||26%||6%||55%||5%||27%|
|Total gone down||37%||61%||9%||57%||27%|
|Gone up a lot||8%||1%||18%||–||8%|
|Gone up a little||18%||5%||37%||5%||19%|
|Stayed the same||34%||32%||37%||37%||38%|
|Gone down a little||15%||22%||7%||19%||11%|
|Gone down a lot||22%||39%||2%||38%||16%|
26% say their opinion of Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party has gone up during the election campaign and 37% say it has gone down.
This is a decline from their position 2 weeks ago when opinion was 27% up and 27% down.
By gender – men 27% up/37% down and women 25% up/38% down.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal Budget expectations
- Most important areas for increased funding
- Economy: Direct investment vs trickle-down approach
- Priority for the upcoming budget
- Indicators of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state