Q. Since the election was called has your opinion of Julia Gillard and the Labor Party gone up or down?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Total gone up||19%||38%||8%||18%|
|Total gone down||42%||16%||68%||38%|
|Gone up a lot||6%||15%||1%||2%|
|Gone up a little||13%||23%||7%||16%|
|Stayed the same||32%||43%||22%||41%|
|Gone down a little||20%||15%||25%||24%|
|Gone down a lot||22%||1%||43%||14%|
19% say their opinion of Julia Gillard and the Labor Party has gone up during the election campaign and 42% say it has gone down.
Among Labor voters 38% say their opinion has gone up and 18% say it has gone down.
By gender – men 22% up/44% down and women 16% up/40% down.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation