Q. Since the 2007 election, has your opinion of the former Prime Minister, John Howard, become more favourable or less favourable?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Stayed the same||57%||52%||60%||67%|
15% say their opinion of John Howard has become more favourable since the 2007 election and 24% less favourable – 57% have stayed the same. 41% of Labor voters have become less favourable while 27% of Coalition voters are more favourable and 12% less favourable.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation