Q. As you may be aware, the NSW/Victorian government recently announced its roadmap to ease Covid restrictions once vaccination targets are reached.
Thinking about this roadmap out of lockdown, which of the following applies to you?
|I understand the plan and have confidence in it||48%||36%|
|I understand the plan but don’t have confidence in it||40%||50%|
|I’m aware of the plan but don’t understand it||8%||11%|
|I’m not aware of the plan||4%||3%|
- Confidence in re-opening roadmaps is higher in NSW than Victoria.
- 48% of people in NSW understand and have confidence in the state’s re-opening plan, compared to 26% in Victoria.
- 40% of people in NSW understand the plan, but aren’t confident that it will lead to easing restrictions, compared to 50% of Victorians.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation