Q. Do you think the Labor Government should run its full term until 2013 when the next Federal election is due or should a new election be held now?
|5 Sept 11||5 Dec 11||Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should run to 2013||40%||47%||48%||80%||19%||82%|
|Should hold election now||48%||41%||41%||12%||73%||11%|
48% think that the Labor Government should be allowed to run its full term through to 2013 and 41% think a new election should be held. This is very similar to the results of this question when last asked in early December. Views closely follow voting voting intentions.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day