Q. The Government has announced setting up a new ministry under Peter Dutton covering issues of national security. It will include ASIO, the Federal Police and the Border Force of the Immigration Department – which are currently responsible to other ministers. Do you approve or disapprove of setting up this new national security ministry?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other|
56% approve of the new national security ministry and 18% disapprove.
Those most likely to approve were Liberal/National voters (75%), men (62%) and aged 65+ (67%).
Those most likely to disapprove were Labor voters (26%) and Greens voters (37%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people