Q. Thinking about the recent change of Prime Minister, do you consider the Morrison Government too be a new government or has the change made no difference and they are still the same government?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other|
|They are a new Government||20%||14%||34%||13%||12%|
|They are the same Government||59%||71%||48%||72%||76%|
59% think that the leadership change has made no difference and that we still have the same Government. 20% think of it as a new Government.
Liberal National voters were split but more likely to think it is the same Government (48% to 34%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation