Q. Australia would do better to have a new election, so we can have a Government with a working majority…so it can get things done. Do you agree with that or not?
|Neither agree nor disagree||22%|
Those aged 55-64 (36%) and 65+ (43%) were more likely to strongly agree that there should be a new election. Those in NSW (34%) were also more likely to strongly agree that there should be a new election.
Lib/Nat voters were also more likely to either strongly agree (47%) or agree (32%) that there should be a new election.
Labor voters were more likely to strongly disagree (14%) or disagree (23%) with a new election.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people