Q. Which of these do you think is the most important environmental problem facing Australia today?
Q. And which would you say is the second most important?
|Most important||Second most important||Total|
|The health of rivers and waterways||17%||21%||38%|
|Loss of native habitat||8%||11%||19%|
|Logging of native forests||4%||8%||12%|
Water supply (53%) and the health of rivers and waterways (38%) were considered the most important environmental problems facing Australia today.
Younger respondents were more likely to nominate climate change (36% of aged under 45) while 47% of those aged 45+ nominated the health of rivers and waterways. Water supply was the top issue for all segments except Green voters who nominated climate change as their most important issue (51%).
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette