Q.Which approach do you think would be the most cost effective – the Government’s carbon pricing scheme or the Coalition’s proposal to pay companies to reduce emissions?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Government carbon pricing scheme||33%||69%||10%||60%|
|Coalition’s proposal to pay companies||27%||3%||51%||6%|
33% think that the Government’s carbon pricing scheme would be the most cost effective and 27% think the Coalition’s proposal would be more cost effective.
Strongest support for the Government’s scheme was shown by men (38%) and those aged under 35 (38%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation