Q. Which one of the following is the main reason why you will vote for that party?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Better at handling Australia’s economy||22%||14%||41%||2%|
|They are more likely to represent the interests of all Australians||14%||16%||11%||17%|
|Better at looking after the interests people like me||13%||17%||10%||16%|
|More trustworthy than the other parties||9%||7%||5%||22%|
|They are more capable of governing effectively than the other parties||9%||5%||17%||2%|
|They have a better leader||8%||16%||4%||2%|
|I always vote for the same party||6%||9%||5%||2%|
|They have better policies on things like education and health||5%||9%||3%||3%|
|They have better policies on things like environment and climate change||3%||*||–||27%|
|They have better policies on things like industrial relations and supporting Australian workers||2%||4%||*||–|
|They have better policies on things like national security and immigration||1%||1%||3%||1%|
Main reasons for voting Labor are looking after interests of people like me, better leader and representing the interests of all Australians. Main reasons for voting for the Coalition are handling the economy and more capable of governing. Greens voters rate policies on the environment and climate change and trustworthiness most important.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people