Q. How likely do you think it is, that you will develop Covid-19?
- Catching Covid-19 is seen as less likely this week, with fewer people saying they are very or somewhat likely to contract the virus (33%, down from 42% last week). The biggest decreases in likelihood were in Queensland (from 44% to 28%) and WA (from 38% to 26%).
- The perceived threat of catching Covid-19 among Greens voters dropped from 56% who thought they were very/somewhat likely to catch Covid-19 (the highest of voter IDs last week) to 35% – which is now in line with voters of other parties.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention