Q. Does the election of Tony Abbott as leader of the Liberal Party make you more likely or less likely to vote Liberal?
|Much more likely||9%||2%||24%||2%|
|A little more likely||12%||10%||18%||3%|
|A little less likely||10%||7%||12%||11%|
|Much less likely||23%||37%||3%||51%|
|Makes no difference||39%||42%||39%||32%|
39% of people think the election of Tony Abbott as leader of the Liberal Party makes no difference to whether or not they will vote Liberal, 33% think it will make them less likely and 21% more likely to vote Liberal.
42% of Coalition voters think the election of Tony Abbott as leader of the Liberal Party will make them more likely to vote Liberal, 15% think that it will make them less likely and 39% think it will make no difference. 44% of Labor voters and 62% of Green voters think it will make them less likely to vote Liberal.
Females were more likely than males to indicate that the election of Tony Abbott as leader of the Liberal Party will make no difference to their vote (43% v 35%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day