Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison?
|A capable leader||70%||+25||45%||54%||49%|
|Good in a crisis||66%||+34||32%||51%||41%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||65%||+23||42%||50%||46%|
|More honest than most politicians||51%||+12||39%||44%||39%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||47%||-15||62%||56%||54%|
- The attributes most associated with Scott Morrison are Intelligent (73%), Hard-working (72%) and A capable leader (70%).
- Since the start of the year, Morrison is more likely to be described with positive attributes such as Good in a crisis (up 34%), a capable leader (up 25%) and Understands the problems facing Australia (23%).
- He is now less associated with negative attributes such as Out of touch with ordinary people (-15%), Narrow-minded (-14%) and Arrogant (-12%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention