Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison?
|A capable leader||70%||+25||45%||54%||49%|
|Good in a crisis||66%||+34||32%||51%||41%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||65%||+23||42%||50%||46%|
|More honest than most politicians||51%||+12||39%||44%||39%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||47%||-15||62%||56%||54%|
- The attributes most associated with Scott Morrison are Intelligent (73%), Hard-working (72%) and A capable leader (70%).
- Since the start of the year, Morrison is more likely to be described with positive attributes such as Good in a crisis (up 34%), a capable leader (up 25%) and Understands the problems facing Australia (23%).
- He is now less associated with negative attributes such as Out of touch with ordinary people (-15%), Narrow-minded (-14%) and Arrogant (-12%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention