Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Opposition Leader, Anthony Albanese?
|Understands the problems facing Australia||62%||+9||53%|
|A capable leader||54%||+3||51%|
|Good in a crisis||47%||+7||40%|
|More honest than most politicians||42%||0||42%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||41%||-3||44%|
- The attributes mainly associated with Anthony Albanese are Hard-working (67%), Intelligent (67%) and Understands the problems facing Australia (62%), He is less likely to be seen as Intolerant (31%), Erratic (31%) or Aggressive (30%).
- Since October last year, Anthony Albanese is more likely to be associated with Understands the problems facing Australia (up 9%), Trustworthy (up 7%) and Good in a crisis (up 7%). However, the Leader of the Opposition hasn’t seen as much of an increase in these measures when compared to the Prime Minister.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention