Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Opposition Leader, Anthony Albanese?
|Understands the problems facing Australia||53%||+8||45%||48%|
|A capable leader||51%||+8||43%||43%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||44%||-6||50%||50%|
|More honest than most politicians||42%||+11||31%||29%|
|Good in a crisis||40%||+4||36%||39%|
- Anthony Albanese is also perceived as intelligent (66%) and hard-working (64%), but this perception is greater than Bill Shorten in December 2018 (56% and 57% respectively). Albanese also is more likely than Bill Shorten to be seen as more honest than most (42% to 32%).
- Albanese is seen as less arrogant than Shorten (33% to 46%), less erratic (30% to 40%) and less aggressive (27% to 37%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention