Q. Do you think that Julia Gillard has been a better or a worse leader than Kevin Rudd?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|A lot better||7%||15%||2%||3%|
|A little better||21%||32%||11%||27%|
|A little worse||15%||10%||17%||23%|
|A lot worse||18%||8%||31%||12%|
Overall, respondents were split over whether Julia Gillard has been a better or worse leader than Kevin Rudd – 28% thought she had been better, 33% worse and 33% no different.
Labor voters were more likely to think she had been better (47%/18%) while Liberal/National voters though she had been worse (13%/48%). Greens voters were split 30% better/35% worse and 30% no different.
By gender – men split 24% better/37% worse compared to women 31% better/29% worse.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation