Q. Overall, would you say Australian trade with other countries creates more jobs for Australia, loses more jobs for Australia or has no effect on Australian jobs?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
40% think that trade with other countries loses more jobs for Australia and 28% think it gains more jobs.
Those most likely to think trade creates more Australian jobs were Liberal/National voters (36%), incomes over $2,000 pw (36%) and university educated (36%),
Those who think Australia loses more jobs from trade were more likely to be aged 55+ (47%), Labor voters (47%) and other party and independent voters (58%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months