Q. Which of the following upcoming sporting events are you most interested in?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|The AFL Grand Final||32%||35%||33%||28%|
|The NRL Grand Final||20%||19%||22%||17%|
|The Rugby World Cup||10%||9%||12%||10%|
|None of the above||38%||37%||34%||44%|
Whilst 38% of respondents had no interest in any of the upcoming football finals, 32% were most interested in the AFL, 20% in the NRL and only 10% in the Rugby World Cup.
Female respondents are far more likely to state that they were not interested in any of the upcoming sport events (47%), as were respondents aged 18-24 yeas old (46%).
Respondents from NSW are far more likely to have an interest in the Rugby World Cup (15%) and the NRL Grand Final (35%).
Respondents from QLD are also far more likely to have an interest in the NRL Grand Final (32%).
Victorian respondents are the most likely to be most interested in the AFL Grand Final (67%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal Budget expectations
- Most important areas for increased funding
- Economy: Direct investment vs trickle-down approach
- Priority for the upcoming budget
- Indicators of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state