Q. How interested are you in this federal election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other or indep.||Don’t know/ refused vote|
|More than previous elections||17%||18%||23%||15%||16%||5%|
|About the same||66%||76%||68%||67%||52%||42%|
|Less than previous elections||11%||5%||9%||13%||32%||22%|
66% said that they had about the same interest in this election as previous elections – 17% had more interest and 11% less interest. Liberal voters were more interested (23% more) than Labor (18% more) and Greens voters (15% more).
Women (19%more/9% less) were somewhat more interested than men (16% more/13% less).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Better leadership during Covid-19 – PM vs state leader
- Attitudes towards Craig Kelly controversy and Scott Morrison’s leadership
- Views towards federal vs state government responsibility to manage Covid-19 hotel quarantine system