Q. Thinking about the Federal Budget to be announced next week – how interested are you in reading and hearing about the Federal Budget?
|2010||Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|A little interested||22%||21%||19%||20%||28%|
|Not at all interested||8%||8%||5%||6%||9%|
67% of respondents say they are very or somewhat interested in reading and hearing about the Federal Budget – the same as recorded prior to the 2010 budget. However, those who say they are “very interested” has increased from 30% to 38%.
73% of both Labor and Liberal/National voters say they are interested.
Younger people are less interested – 60% of those under 35 are interested compared to 78% of those aged 55+.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation