Q. The question in the national postal vote on same-sex marriage is “Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry? Do you intend to vote yes or no? (Based on those who have not yet voted)
|Will prob-ably vote||Will not vote||3 Oct|
|Intend to vote yes||39%||38%||40%||64%||48%||17%||50%|
|Intend to vote no||33%||35%||31%||31%||39%||36%||36%|
Of those who have not voted, 39% say they will vote yes and 33% no. However, of those who will definitely vote, 64% will vote yes and 31% no.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation