Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following best describes your intended involvement with the protests?
|Aware of protests & intend to participate in the protest||6%||7%||4%||9%||6%||2%|
|Aware of protests & intend to support the protest in some other way (e.g. donating, posting on social media)||11%||13%||9%||19%||8%||6%|
|Aware of protests & have children or other family members who intend to participate in the protest||4%||5%||4%||5%||5%||3%|
|Aware of protests & will not be involved||18%||21%||16%||7%||15%||31%|
|Unaware of protests / Unaware||65%||59%||70%||65%||71%||58%|
|Total||Federal Voting Intention|
|Labor||Coalition||Greens||Independent / Other|
|Aware of protests & intend to participate in the protest||6%||7%||3%||18%||6%|
|Aware of protests & intend to support the protest in some other way (e.g. donating, posting on social media)||11%||14%||7%||20%||14%|
|Aware of protests & have children or other family members who intend to participate in the protest||4%||5%||2%||8%||7%|
|Aware of protests & will not be involved||18%||15%||26%||8%||20%|
|Unaware of protests / Unaware||65%||62%||64%||55%||16%|
- 5% of participants surveyed will be participating in the Climate Strikes on 20th September, another 11% will be supporting the strikes in some other way.
- 18-34 year olds were more likely to participate in the protest (9%) or support it in some other way (19%).
- Greens voters are most likely to protest themselves (18%) or support the protesters in some other way (20%) as are high income earners (11% and 18% respectively).
- Those with a university education or in paid employment are also most likely to attend the protest (12% and 8% respectively), support the protesters (17% and 16%) or have family members/children who intend to participate (7% and 6%).
- 31% of participants over 55s and 26% of Coalition voters do not intend to support the Climate Strikes in any way.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention