Q. Do you think it is more important to give tax cuts to businesses or to cut personal income tax?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Tax cuts for businesses||8%||10%||10%||6%||5%|
|Cut personal income tax||47%||52%||45%||54%||54%|
|Both equally important||33%||29%||39%||31%||32%|
47% think it is more important to cut personal income tax than to give tax cuts to businesses. Only 8% think it is more important to give tax cuts to businesses and 33% think they are both equally important.
More than half of Labor, Greens and other voters think personal tax cuts are more important – however, views of Liberal National voters were not very dissimilar (45%). No more than 10% of any voter group thought tax cuts for businesses was most important.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation