Q. Compared to other issues that are often raised in politics – like the economy, healthcare, immigration, etc – how important to you personally is the issue of whether people of the same sex should be allowed to marry?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Total not important||60%||60%||66%||42%|
|Not so important||31%||33%||30%||23%|
|Not at all important||29%||27%||36%||19%|
37% believe the same sex marriage is an important issue and 60% think it is not important. A majority of Greens voters (56%) think it is important.
41% of those who support same sex marriage think the issue is important and 36% of those opposed think it important.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people