Q. And which of the following statements is closest to your view?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Men||Women||Aged 18-34||Aged 35-54||Aged 55+|
|The current media attention on sexual harassment and discrimination will bring about lasting change to the Australian workplace.||55%||57%||58%||67%||44%||53%||56%||55%||53%||57%|
|The current media attention on sexual harassment and discrimination will soon be forgotten and bring little change to the Australian workplace||30%||26%||32%||23%||44%||32%||27%||30%||30%||29%|
55% think that the current attention on sexual harassment and discrimination will bring about lasting change and 30% think it will soon be forgotten.
There were not major differences by demographics. Greens voters (67%) were more likely think it will bring lasting change and other party voters less likely (44%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation