Q. Do you think that the Government’s energy plan will reduce or increase power prices or will it make no difference to prices?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Make no difference to prices||31%||32%||31%||21%||34%|
Only 16% think that the Government’s energy plan will reduce power prices. 31% think the plan will increase prices and 31% think it will make no difference.
Among Liberal National voters, 25% think it will reduce prices, 22% increase prices and 31% make no difference.
48% of those aged 55+ think it will make no difference.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation