Q. Do you think this new ministry will strengthen Australia’s national security, weaken our national security or make little difference?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other|
|Will strengthen national security||45%||36%||63%||27%||45%|
|Will weaken national security||8%||13%||5%||17%||5%|
|Will make little difference||28%||35%||21%||33%||29%|
45% think the new ministry will strengthen national security, 8% think it will weaken security and 28% think it will make little difference.
Those most likely to think it will strengthen security were Liberal/National voters (63%) and aged 65+ (54%).
Those most likely to think it will weaken security or make little difference were Labor voters (48%) and Greens voters (50%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation