Q. Which of the following issues are you most concerned about?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Mar 2013|
|The arrival of asylum seekers by boat||36%||26%||51%||17%||40%||38%|
|The use of foreign workers under short term (457) visas||21%||29%||19%||18%||17%||20%|
|The overall increase in Australia’s total population||20%||22%||16%||25%||27%||18%|
|None of them||17%||18%||10%||32%||16%||19%|
36% were most concerned about the arrival of asylum seekers by boat, 21% about the use of foreign workers under short term (457) visas and 20% about the overall increase in Australia’s total population (20%).
Liberal/National voters were most concerned about the arrival of asylum seekers by boat (51%) while Labor voters were more concerned about the use of foreign workers under short term (457) visas (29%).
These results are very similar to when this question was asked in 2013.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW