Q. Thinking about immigration, should the Government provide incentives for new migrants to settle in specific regions of Australia which need and can cope with higher populations?
|Should provide incentives to settle in specific regions||55%|
|Should not provide incentives to settle in specific regions||30%|
55% agreed that the Government should provide incentives for new migrants to settle in specific regions of Australia which need and can cope with higher populations and 30% disagreed.
Those most likely to agree were Greens voters (74%), Labor voters (62%) and high income earners (60% of incomes over $1,600 per week).
Liberal/National voters split 54% should/36% should not.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people