Q. If another global financial crisis develops in the next few years, which leader and party do you think would be best to handle it?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Julia Gillard and the Labor Party||42%||88%||5%||66%|
|Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party||35%||2%||80%||6%|
42% think Julia Gillard and the Labor Party would be best at handling another global financial crisis if it was to develop and 35% think Tony Abbott and the Liberal Party would be best.
Those aged 25-54 prefer the Labor Party over the Liberals 46% to 30%, while those aged 55+ prefer the Liberal Party 48% to 36%.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal Budget expectations
- Most important areas for increased funding
- Economy: Direct investment vs trickle-down approach
- Priority for the upcoming budget
- Indicators of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state