Do you think Australia’s gun laws are too strict, too weak or about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other|
62% believe Australia’s gun laws are about right and 25% think they are too weak. Only 7% think they are too strict.
42% of over 65’s think they are too weak. Otherwise, views were quite consistent across demographic and voting groups.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people