Q. And should the following groups receive more or less benefit from the current boom in minerals exports or is the current benefit they receive about right?
|Should benefit more||Should benefit less||Current benefit about right||Don’t know|
|Mining company shareholders||12%||28%||41%||18%|
|Mining company executives||4%||57%||21%||18%|
A majority of respondents think there should be more benefits to all Australians (68%) and regional communities (58%). A majority also believe there should be less benefit to mining company executives (57%) and foreign companies (56%).
75% of Labor voters, 65% of Liberal/National voters and 84% of Greens voters think all Australians should benefit more.
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette