Q. And should the following groups receive more or less benefit from the current boom in minerals exports or is the current benefit they receive about right?
|Should benefit more||Should benefit less||Current benefit about right||Don’t know|
|Mining company shareholders||12%||28%||41%||18%|
|Mining company executives||4%||57%||21%||18%|
A majority of respondents think there should be more benefits to all Australians (68%) and regional communities (58%). A majority also believe there should be less benefit to mining company executives (57%) and foreign companies (56%).
75% of Labor voters, 65% of Liberal/National voters and 84% of Greens voters think all Australians should benefit more.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation