Q. Thinking about recent events concerning the ABC CEO and board, do you think that the Government has too much or not enough influence over the ABC?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Government has too much influence||36%||54%||19%||47%||40%|
|Government has not enough influence||16%||7%||24%||16%||22%|
|Level of Government influence about right||17%||13%||29%||13%||12%|
36% think that the Government has too much influence over the ABC and 16% think they have not enough influence. 17% think they have about the right level of influence.
54% of Labor voters and 47% of Greens voters think the Government has too much influence compared to only 19% of LNP voters.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation