Q. Globalisation is the increase of trade, communication, travel and other things among countries around the world. In general, do you think Australia has gained more or lost more because of globalisation?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
29% think that Australia has gained more from globalisation and 29% think we have lost more.
Those most likely to think Australia has gained from globalisation were aged 18-34 (42%), incomes over $2,000 pw (40%), university educated (43%), and Greens voters (48%).
Those who think Australia has lost because of globalisation were more likely to be aged 55+ (37%) and other party and independent voters (48%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people