Q. Over the last few years, do you think that the gap between the incomes of richest and poorest people in Australia has increased, decreased or stayed much the same?
|Stayed much the same||13%|
77% believe that the gap between the incomes of richest and poorest people in Australia has increased over the last few years.
Older respondents were more likely to think the gap had increased – 88% of those aged 55+ compared to 58% of those aged 18-35.
There were no significant differences by voting intention.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation