Q. In your view is the gap between rich and poor in Australia getting bigger or smaller?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Staying about the same||17%||9%||30%||5%||9%|
70% think that the gap between rich and poor in Australia is getting bigger. Only 5% think it is getting smaller and 17% think it is staying much the same.
A majority of all voter groups think it is getting bigger.
There were not major differences across income groups. 70% of those on incomes over $1,600 pw think the gap is getting bigger.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation