Q. Have you ever lent to or borrowed from money to any of the following people to purchase a home?
|Have lent to||Have borrowed from|
Just over one in ten (11%) Australians have lent money to their children or their friends to enable them to purchase a home. Just under one in 10 (9%) have lent to their parents or other relatives.
Almost one in five Australians (19%) have borrowed from their parents.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation