Q. How frequently do you use technology platforms like Google and Facebook to search for, and read news articles?
|At least daily||52%||46%||64%||46%|
|At least once a week||22%||26%||20%||21%|
|At least once a month||8%||16%||5%||4%|
|Less frequently than one a month||6%||5%||4%||9%|
- Half of adult Australians use social media platforms like Facebook and Google to search and read news on a daily basis (52%). A further 22% use social media weekly to access news.
- People aged 35-54 are the heaviest consumers of news through social media, with 64% using a platform on a daily basis.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation