Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following statements best describes your following of Federal politics?
|I follow it closely||15%||22%||9%||14%||14%||17%|
|I follow it enough to know what’s happening||38%||41%||35%||27%||34%||51%|
|I follow it when something big is happening||23%||21%||25%||26%||27%||18%|
|I only pay attention when there’s an election||8%||6%||11%||11%||10%||5%|
|I have no interest in politics||15%||11%||20%||22%||16%||9%|
|Total||Federal Voting Intention (Lower House)|
|Labor||NET: Coalition||Greens||Independent / Other|
|I follow it closely||15%||17%||18%||14%||12%|
|I follow it enough to know what’s happening||38%||35%||50%||37%||37%|
|I follow it when something big is happening||23%||26%||21%||28%||18%|
|I only pay attention when there’s an election||8%||12%||5%||10%||9%|
|I have no interest in politics||15%||20%||6%||11%||23%|
- Just 15% of people say they closely follow Federal politics, and the same proportion say they have no interest in politics.
- Those most likely to say they closely follow Federal politics are men (22%), those aged over 55 (17%) and Coalition voters (18%).
- Those most likely to say they have no interest in politics are women (20%), younger people aged 18-34 (22%), Labor voters (20%) and those who intend to vote for an independent candidate or other party (23%).
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten carbon pricing scheme Carbon Tax climate change economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party leadership Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention