Q. Do you think the recent floods across Australia were linked to climate change or were they just a natural occurrence?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Linked to climate change||31%||42%||18%||68%|
|Just a natural occurrence||59%||49%||76%||28%|
31% believed that the recent floods were linked to climate change and 59% think they were just a natural occurrence.
Those most likely to think they were a natural occurrence were aged 55+ (72%) and residents of Queensland (69%). Among those aged 18-34, 43% thought the floods were linked to climate change and 44% thought they were a natural occurrence.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation