Q. Do you think the recent floods across Australia were linked to climate change or were they just a natural occurrence?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Linked to climate change||31%||42%||18%||68%|
|Just a natural occurrence||59%||49%||76%||28%|
31% believed that the recent floods were linked to climate change and 59% think they were just a natural occurrence.
Those most likely to think they were a natural occurrence were aged 55+ (72%) and residents of Queensland (69%). Among those aged 18-34, 43% thought the floods were linked to climate change and 44% thought they were a natural occurrence.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months