Q. Do you think the State Governments should or should not agree to the Federal Government’s health plan to take control of funding hospitals and health services?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/National||Vote Greens|
|Should agree to health plan||56%||73%||40%||65%|
|Should not agree to health plan||26%||11%||45%||21%|
A majority (56%) think the State Governments should agree to the Federal Government’s health plan to take control of funding hospitals and health services – 26% think they should not agree.
States most likely to agree are South Australia (75%) and Queensland (64%). 55% of NSW respondents agree and 45% of Victorians agree (32% of Victorians disagree).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation