Q. Do you think the State Governments should or should not agree to the Federal Government’s health plan to take control of funding hospitals and health services?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/National||Vote Greens|
|Should agree to health plan||56%||73%||40%||65%|
|Should not agree to health plan||26%||11%||45%||21%|
A majority (56%) think the State Governments should agree to the Federal Government’s health plan to take control of funding hospitals and health services – 26% think they should not agree.
States most likely to agree are South Australia (75%) and Queensland (64%). 55% of NSW respondents agree and 45% of Victorians agree (32% of Victorians disagree).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people